Saturday, February 21, 2009

February

It's February and the sun is shining outside! I've got soil under my finger nails as I have planted out some fern plug plants (freebies) and covered them with fleece in the vain hope that they will survive the next bout of frost.

It's also a busy month for sowing seeds - so far I've got the red cabbage, peppers, strawberries and foxgloves planted. Unfortunately there isn't quite enough sunshine so the cabbage seedlings have grown too tall and "leggy" - hopefully I can recover them (there are only two as I'm succession sowing this year).

Outside we've got a couple of new additions - cloches. A giant one over one of the main veggie beds and a small one in the side bed (pictured - I'll use it for the red cabbages going out early).
We've also got a fourth veg bed - fashioned out of old book shelves and bits of the defunct garden shed. This year, it'll be hosting the potatoes (more of that later).

No comments: