Monday, March 26, 2007

Seed planting


The garden is huge. Where do we begin? Well today I finally planted some seeds in the cheap propagators from a garden centre (see pic).


In two propogators, I have planted:

Basil
Lemongrass (which is temperamental so I sowed a lot of seeds)
Mint (invasive so I will restrict its growth by keeping in a pot)
Chillies and
Sweet peppers

Once they become seedlings I'll move them into their own pots and decide whether to put them straight in the ground.

I will plant the rosemary straight outside (although I may use a pot for ease) in April.

I also started to tackle the corner bed - which is huge. It is also difficult to decide what to do with it because of the tree stump (complete with many roots) which is near enough bang in the middle. I planted a choisya Sundance and some lavender although I think I put them too close together. Once they mature, they'll have to be moved.
In the garden we have loads of worms. Loads. Which I hear is good. The lawn is covered in wormcasts which shows that they have been busy. We also have loads of bees which make me jump (and run whenever one comes near).

No comments: