Monday, May 26, 2008

Indoors

As the weather is a bit damp, I'm turning my attention to things indoors. This will also stop me from getting cabin fever.
I'm trying a few things from seed this year - chillies, butternut squash, borlotto beans, yellow french - style beans, sweetcorn, coriander and kale. I've taken a pic of the seed packets to remind me what they are. Everything is outside apart from the chillies. The sweetcorn didn't do well last year due to wet weather so I'm giving them another go as I think we're going to get more sun this year.




The chilli seedlings are doing well in the dining room. I'm not making the same mistake as last year and putting them outside too early - I got overexcited when it was sunny for a few days. I'll wait until June before they'll go into the cold frame for a couple of weeks to harden them off then they can go out onto the path. (We only got a handful of chillies last year and no sweet peppers!!)




I also got some free plant plugs online. A few weeks ago the tomato plant was a few inches tall. Now look at it! Not sure when to plant it outside - the weather is far too wet and miserable so I'll keep it indoors near the window. It's been potted into a home-made newspaper pot. Only problem is that whenever I give it a water, it leaks everywhere! But it hasn't fallen apart yet which is the main thing.

No comments: