Friday, July 13, 2007

Lemon grass


I've just been flicking back to the earlier posts and saw a picture of the lemon grass when they were little seedlings. Not much has made it outside (mainly because I sowed far too many seeds). There are three pots outside now. One got attached by slugs/snails but seems to be recovering. Another is doing okay although I'm not sure what stage it should be at. It has one tall blade and since feeding it the other day, more seem to be developing (the picture is pre - feed). I've been looking around on the internet and have found out that the seeds are supposed to be hard to germinate. Mine were fine - I'm sure 99% of them germinated. Although next time I wont sow so many so close together as it is very difficult to separate them later on. (Ok, I really should have thinned them out). However there is no indication of when they will turn into the large plants I have seen picture of, nor of when I can start harvesting for Thai Green Curry. I think this will be a much longer project than the vegetable.

No comments: