Sunday, July 15, 2007

Toms



The tomato plants are starting to sprout tomatoes! As they were so small I found it quite hard to get any decent pics. We spotted the first one on saturday and today I found three more. I think this means that I have to start feeding. We bought some tomato feed although I am not sure if it is organic. In fact, when it comes to organic gardening, I'm not sure what to do with regard to plant food. Am I allowed to get the off the shelf stuff? What is organic plant food - surely feeding plants is automatic cheating, whereas organic gardening should be a "marathon not a sprint" approach. Ah who cares, this year I'm learning and I am allowed to get it wrong. All of the tomato plants are in pots which means they are prone to drying out. However advice is not to over water, which complicates things. I watered the plants yesterday evening but today we had really heavy downpours. So should I leave them a day or so to recover; although it is really warm (mid - 20s today) so the moisture has probably evaporated. Mmm I'll have a look tomorrow evening and see how they are looking.

No comments: