Friday, July 13, 2007

Sweet peppers

Since putting the sweet peppers outside they haven't really done very well. I think I put them out too early as the weather really wasn't good enough. We've had a dreadful June - so much rain and I've been wearing my scarf to work. The plants have also been attacked by slugs and greenfly so it's all a bit of a battle. However as it starts to warm up I'm hoping that the things will recover and start yielding. A couple of them are doing okay and I have moved them to a better position in the garden - it's a bit more sheltered and it gets more sun. I've also put some of the tomato plants there which are already flowering. I've given them all a bit of general plant food so hopefully that'll kick start things into action. The one in the pic is one that I put outside a bit later than the others - only last weekend has it felt the cold outside air on its leaves. It looks so much more greener and lusher than the others.

No comments: